Valarie's Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Perfect Illustration of Irony

First, let me say that I'm known for my inability to have a decent picture taken of me. On the rare occasion that one is made, something invariably happens to that photo. For example, one year I had the most perfect picture taken of me at work, and I ordered a set of prints. When they arrived, they'd all been cropped... right under my chin. All of the pictures were ruined.

Three weeks ago when the students got their spring pictures back, mine weren't with them. I hadn't had to have mine made, but I figure that the more times I have it done, the better my chances are of getting an acceptable one.

The kids had to turn their picture money in last Thursday... So what do I find in my mailbox today? My proof. Along with a stack of wallet-sized pictures (32 of them) printed on the worst quality cardstock. No full-sized proofs to look at.

Oh, what's the ironic part, you ask? The picture was a really good one, and I would have bought a set if they'd just given me the opportunity.

More irony - I was going to scan the picture, but now my scanner doesn't work (along with my DVD player). I had to take a photo with a digital camera and fix as much as I could with the colors from the bad lighting in the room, and then fog out the borders of the picture, because the picture company messed them up. So, yes, I'm aware that the picture I've shared looks kinda rough. The real thing looks much nicer.

So here I am... proof positive for anyone who doesn't believe just how little makeup I wear to work these days. LOL You're seeing lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara, and nothing else. (No foundation, no eyeshadow, and I think I even forgot to wear blush that day.) I could look really glamorous if I put on the rest of it, but I haven't noticed anybody looking at me when I do, so why waste the effort? If nobody's gonna look, I ain't gonna bother. :)

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 18, 2006, Blogger Maddy said…

    Val, you are a hoot! What are you talking about? This is a beautiful picture!!! And hey, who needs makeup, anyway? I agree with Sue, you glow from the inside. BTW I like your pic at the forum too!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Blogger Stacey Mann said…

    You are beautiful Val! Sorry about the bad luck with photos, but this one is goregous. You should use it as your Digitals photo!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Blogger Stacey Mann said…

    Val you are gorgeous! This is a beautiful photo. Sorry you werent able to order it. You should use it for your Digitals photo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home