Valarie's Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2006

You do know I'm a little paranoid, don't you? LOL

I know, I've probably started sounding like a paranoid fruitcake, but ever since a certain nightmare (which is still crystal clear in my memory after all these years) that I had when I was in college, I've felt like there would be some point in the future when I'd have to grab what I could and just run. Probably some kind of weather emergency, given the recent worsening of tornadoes around here... and the increase in frequency of them. I'm going to point my finger right at global warming and say that it's already headed well into the danger zone. Here's a link to another article to help with that plan for "running" if you don't have that unshakeable confidence that you'll always be perfectly safe.

But really, does it hurt anything to be prepared, and years later look back and laugh at your paranoia? :D I'm hoping that's what I get to do someday, and not look back and realize I've had yet another premonition that really did come true. Good grief, I had that happen just a couple of weeks ago, and it only took a couple of days to really happen, although the dream was just horrible and scary, and the real life part was just fine.

In An Emergency, It's Ready-Set-Go

American Red Cross Links
(These have instructions for all KINDS of disasters... tornadoes, mudslides, earthquakes, blackouts, chemical emergencies, drought, fires, floods, heat waves, hurricanes, terrorism, thunderstorms, tsunami, volcanoes, wildfires, and winter storms):

Get Prepared
Prepare at Your Home
Prepare at School
Prepare at Work
Prepare in Your Community

Create a really complete disaster prep kit - including a 24 week plan for building a large kit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home